Test Project (F5) Not Working (TPL) - 1/4/2008 11:09 AM PST RRS feed

• Question

• By: TPL

I have been having trouble getting the Test Project (F5) function to work. I 
    am using Blend 2 December Preview, but I was having trouble in the previous 
    version as well. The project will build successfully, but the "Test Project" 
    menu item is grayed out. Has anybody else experienced this?

In case it helps, I am currently testing an animated button. My Objects and 
    Timeline window has the following in the tree: Window > LayoutRoot > [Button] 
    "Button"
    Friday, February 22, 2008 3:47 PM

All replies

• TPL

Has nobody else experienced this? My online search turned up one other person 
    who has mentioned running into this problem (back in November), but nobody 
    answered that post either. This stuff is so new (and changing so rapidly) 
    it's hard to find anything pertinent online.

"TPL" wrote:

> I have been having trouble getting the Test Project (F5) function to work. I 
    > am using Blend 2 December Preview, but I was having trouble in the previous 
    > version as well. The project will build successfully, but the "Test Project" 
    > menu item is grayed out. Has anybody else experienced this?
    > 
    > In case it helps, I am currently testing an animated button. My Objects and 
    > Timeline window has the following in the tree: Window > LayoutRoot > [Button] 
    > "Button"
    Friday, February 22, 2008 11:44 PM
  • TPL

Apparently this was due to a corrupted project file or something. I created a 
    new project using the same custom controls, and it tested fine.

"TPL" wrote:

> Has nobody else experienced this? My online search turned up one other person 
    > who has mentioned running into this problem (back in November), but nobody 
    > answered that post either. This stuff is so new (and changing so rapidly) 
    > it's hard to find anything pertinent online.
    > 
    > 
    > "TPL" wrote:
    > 
    > > I have been having trouble getting the Test Project (F5) function to work. I 
    > > am using Blend 2 December Preview, but I was having trouble in the previous 
    > > version as well. The project will build successfully, but the "Test Project" 
    > > menu item is grayed out. Has anybody else experienced this?
    > > 
    > > In case it helps, I am currently testing an animated button. My Objects and 
    > > Timeline window has the following in the tree: Window > LayoutRoot > [Button] 
    > > "Button"
    Friday, February 22, 2008 11:45 PM