none
Add-in's clientId RRS feed

• Question

• Using Microsoft's Sellers Dashboard, I've created and published an Outlook (office365) add-in. I've also created ClientId and used it to work with api. For about one year everithing was fine, but several weeks ago I faced error when I was trying to get Access Token. The error said that my Secret Key is invalid. So I went to Sellers Dashboard, deleted secret key and created new one. Somehow, this procedure also changed my ClientId. Anyway, I've tried to use new ClientId\SecretKey, but now I'm getting another error, which says that there is no app associated with specified ClientId. So the question is: where is the setting, that associate ClientId with add-in?

Thank you in advance

Sunday, September 20, 2015 3:55 PM

All replies

• This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Developing Apps for Office 2013, your issue is related to publishing the Office Add-In,
    So I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for publishing apps for the Office store.Thanks for your understanding.
    Monday, September 21, 2015 9:22 AM
  • Hello, there is another question:

here is the documentation for Seller Dashboard
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj552461.aspx  and it should be up-to-date (Published: August 11, 2015)
    The documentation contains part called "Associate your Client ID and secret with your app or add-in"
    (and it is what I'm intrested in). In this part, there is a statement said "When you are adding or editing your app or add-in, click the My app is a service and requires server to server authorization check box."

The thing is: there is no such check box in the interface of Outlook Add-in editor in Seller Dashboard.
    This check box shows up if I select "Share point" type of app, but that is not what I want.
    The question is: is it a bug or it should be like this and it is not possible to use oauth with Outlook add-in?
    There are two screenshots in attachment.

Thursday, October 1, 2015 7:17 AM