Sharepoint designer stuck in loading the Site collection RRS feed

• Question

• I was shocked today when i open my sharepoint and try to open the site through sharepoint designer after asking user name password nothing will be loaded and the screen will be stuck 

the same portal is accessing through browser with the same user info that i provide in the Sharepoint designer 

any idea why it happening! i have already done the following actions before posting 

1) ALLOW permission to every one to access it 

2) Close my firewall and test it 

The only thing i have done with Sharepoint portal is i have install the Scan facility darkblueduck in sharepoint but i am sure it is not because of it 

RB
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:59 AM NEVER say something is urgent. These are forums. Post and WAIT
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:04 AM SPD question - will need to be moved again if it turns out to be SPD 2010 (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, September 12, 2011 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have also observed such issues in my environment.

This happened intermittently. Hence I would suggest you that if anything happens like this then close your SPD and open it again.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:11 AM
  • thanks rahul, i have done this many time even i reinstall the sp 2007 and then i install 2010 and try to access it same issue any ways i was in hurry i reinstall my pc because i need to give the demo to my client but still don't know why its happened

Regards

RB
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:39 AM
  • > even i reinstall the sp 2007 and then i install 2010

Is your question about SP 2010 or SP 2007 (SPD 2010 or SPD 2007) ?

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:03 AM