none
No access to Notebook VM as a creating user

Question

• I'm trying to run a Jupyter Notebook on Azure for some ML code I have.

I followed this guide "Quickstart: Use a cloud-based notebook server to get started with Azure Machine Learning"

When I reach the section "Launch Jupyter web interface", I do as instructed and get the following error window when clicking the Jupyter icon: 

" User [my email] does not have access to Notebook VM [name of the VM] .

Only the creating user has access to a notebook VM. Please create your own VM to access notebooks in your workspace "

This is strange given I am the creating user so I don't know what to do here and I couldn't find any post on the internet related to this problem.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hello Gabriel,

Is your notebook-vm status in running state after you create it? I would request you to create a new vm and check again only after its status goes to running state.

-Rohit

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 3:52 PM
  • Hello Rohit,

Yes the notebook-vm status is always in running state when I try to use it, the Jupyter icon actually only appears when it is in running state. I've tried 5-6 times creating new notebook-vm and new 'Machine Learning service workspace' and I always get the same error window.

One thing that I do notice is that my email address is modified in the Azure portal on the top right hand corner, there are some capital letters when my real email address is all lower case so if this procedure is case sensitive then it could be causing the issue, but I'm speculating here I have no idea.

Gabriel

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:36 PM