localization support

Question

• I was trying to test out apps in Win8 Consumer Preview for localization support. I have installed the English package for Win8 CP.  I tried adding Spanish (mexican) language and made it my top language in the language settings.  But still, all the Metro UI is in English.  When I open say, the weather app, it is all English - and I thought the Weather app was supposed to have localization.  The keyboard changes, but not the visual display.  Google pages in the browser do recognize the Spanish setting and display results in Spanish, but that's it. 

Is full language switching not supported yet?  How can we test out localization in apps that we are developing?  Are there any sample apps that have localization that we can test?  Am I missing anything?

Renee

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:35 PM

Answers

• @reneekno - not all apps you get from the store will be localized -- it is fully up to the developer to do this.  It would appear in the current iteration of the updated Weather app it is en-us only at this time

Tim Heuer | Program Manager, XAML | http://timheuer.com/blog | @timheuer

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 12:01 AM