How to change Ad network(in my Windows Phone Dev Center) associated pubCenter account number RRS feed

• Question

• I am submitting an app in Windows Phone Dev Center now and encounter a very hard-to-explain problem, so please be patient and allow me to explain it in details.

Step 1, I finished filling infomation in App info and then am trying to Add in-app advertising. Setp 2. I clicked "Add in-app advertising" In side this page, I have input a name for "Ad unit name" so I did it and clicked "Generate ad unit ID"

Step 3. I logged into my pubCenter and opened the "Overview" tab under "Steup" tab I can see the App name under Applications section, but there is no Ad unit under the "Mobile application ad units" (oh yes, I'm submitting an WP8 app)

After hours and hours research and thinking, I found the problem which is in the Windows Phone Dev Center, here it is:

Open the "Account Summary" page, I saw the section "Ad network" Inside this section, I saw this:

Ad network
    pubCenter account number
    X000YJBK
    Edit payment and tax info for ad-funded apps through pubCenter.

The pubCenter account number X000YJBK is not my account number in pubCenter, instead it is a general account number for people who are learning how to publish an app.

But there is no way to change the associated pubCenter account number under Windows Phone Dev Center. I do notice that the "Edit" is a link, but when I clicked it, it redirects me to the pubCenter page and leaves me with confusion and have no idea what to do in order to change the linked account number. (The statements followed "Edit" link doesn't say to change the linked account any way).

So my question is how to change the associated pubCenter account number for the Ad network in Windows Phone Dev Center.

Because, if I can change the associated pubCenter account number to the right one, then I can generate ad unit ID from Windows Phone Dev Center directly without going to pubCenter and it is the only to to generate an AD Unit(because in pubCenter I am not allowed to create an AU Unit ID for a Windows Phone Dev Center App).

So please help me, thank you very much

Today is tomorrow, you worry about yesterday.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hello,
    I can see that the account number X000YJBK is certainly the correct pubCenter account. I'm able to see 2 adUnits that you have created.

You can always create an adUnit in pubCenter and associate it with your ad control, there is no restriction that it must be created in Dev Center. 

Please let me know if you need additional information, from what i'm able to see you are good to go.

Thanks,
    Sampath

Friday, March 7, 2014 4:42 AM
  • Hi Sampath,

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.
    The X000YJBK account has been deleted and I do not want it, because I set it up when I was doing a training class with some dummy data.
    The new account franva008@hotmail.com has my real account details with correct bank card information which should be used to receive avenue generated by my in-app ADs.

So now my question is how to change the associated account which is X000YJBK in Windows Phone Dev Center to X0001WEX?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Franva

The X000YJBK account has been deleted and I do not want it, because I set it up when I was doing a training class with some dummy data.
    The new account franva008@hotmail.com has my real account details with correct bank card information which should be used to receive avenue generated by my in-app ADs.

So now my question is how to change the associated account which is X000YJBK  on Windows Phone Dev Center to X0001WEX?

Best regards,

Winston (Hua Fan)

So now my question is how to change the associated account which is X000YJBK  on Windows Phone Dev Center to X0001WEX?

Best regards,

Winston (Hua Fan)

Best regards,

Winston (Hua Fan)

Best regards,

Winston (Hua Fan)

Friday, March 7, 2014 5:42 AM
  • Hi Winston,

Looks like you deleted the previous account, my recommendation would have been to clear the unwanted adUnits from the linked account instead of deleting it and creating a new one.

One option like I mentioned previously is to create adUnits in PubCenter and use them in your adControl, this will work just fine. I'll check if there are other options and get back to you.

Thanks,
    Sampath

Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:15 AM
  • Hi Sampath,

Thank you for your suggestion and I think you are right, the only option for me is to create AD Unit in pubCenter and use it in my program, forget about the Windows Phone Dev Center.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:15 AM