none
How to launch an app from another app. RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello, 

I want to know how can i open another app from my app. 
    I have check with LaunchUriAsync method however it is always redirecting me to windows store.
    The app which i want to open is already install in my mobile still it is opening in windows store. 
    So can yo please let me know is there a way.

Thanks,
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 10:23 AM

All replies

• Hi!

In this link you will find a sample about how to launch an app from another app : https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/How-to-launch-an-UWP-app-5abfa878/sourcecode?fileId=158386&pathId=704620263

Hope it wil be useful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem

Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/NordineMhoumadi

Download my NEW FREE application MCP PREPARATION in the Windows 10 Store for preparing your Microsoft Certification or test your skills in Microsoft Technologies;

Thursday, July 6, 2017 12:30 PM
  • Hi Subrahamanya bhatt,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! Please utilize tagging when posting to this forum, thanks!

In UWP, you can use a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) to launch one app from another app, see Launch an app with a URI, it introduces many scenarios to use the URI to launch another app. You can launch an app witch is the one that either the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) is exposed by Windows or you register an app to become the default handler for a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme name.

If the app you want to open is not exposed an URI by the Windows or you can not register an URI protocol into it, you can not launch it from your app. To get the protocol we need to download the app, after that we can open the Settings App, then we can open Choose default apps by protocol in Default apps. It will show the lists of the app that have defined the protocols.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Breeze Liu Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:25 AM
    • Edited by Breeze Liu Friday, July 21, 2017 1:41 AM
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:29 AM