Shared Page Blob file becomes Block Blob in Received Share RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I share .vhd file in Data Share. It has type PageBlob, but after receiving share and mapping datasource within another account this file becomes BlockBlob, and blob of such type cannot be used to create new Image. Both Storage accounts, source and target, have type StorageV2

Curiosly enough, that simple copying of such file from one storage to another with az copy preserves blob type, and target file is PageBlob too.

Friday, February 21, 2020 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I’m working with the product team and get back to you when I have more information.

Friday, February 21, 2020 8:33 AM
  • Hello,

Currently, Azure Data Share service only supports Block blobs.

I would suggest you to provide the feedback on the same.

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/922759-azure-data-share-public-preview

All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you any further queries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 7:38 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for reply. Could you please show any document with such statement that only Block blobs are supported?
    I tried the same trick few weeks ago, but with another receiving account, and pretty sure that Page blobs were handled well. Anyway, I was able to create and image with shared blob. But now that account is already inactive, and I fail to repeat the same with another one.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9:17 AM
  • Hello,

We have updated our documentation with says “Only block blob is currently supported”.

Currently, we are evaluating page blob support and get back to you once we have update from the product group.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you any further queries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:53 AM