none
Opening Data Sources in rdlc report designer crashes VS2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a fairly simple windows report (rdlc) , written with VS2008 (9.0.30729.1 SP). The report is showing data from a single strongly typed class (I think that is the right jargon for this - basically I made a class to use to pass data to it) in a table control.

I have added a property to the class it is displaying, and hence wish to refresh the datasource to display it. I have done this on the Data Sources listing (by clicking on the refresh icon), and that worked fine. But I also wish to use the field in my formulas, and to have it appear in the formula constructor thing, I need to refresh it from within Report>Data Sources. But when I try to run this, it crashs visual studio. It pauses/freezes for about 2 minutes, and then crashes.

What can I do about this?

Thanks.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hello Fweeee,

Were you able to resolve this problem with VS2008 crashing?  I am getting the same behaviour, although without the 2 minute freeze.

Basically if I open the Report Data Sources dialog, anything I do then causes VS to crash.  I've had this problem in the past and had to reinstall Visual Studio to get it to go away.... but something keeps making the problem come back.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Mike

Thursday, July 9, 2009 11:27 AM
  • Nope.

I ended up opening the report in a text editor and manually edited the data bit to match the new format of the datasource.
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 1:06 PM