none
How to save data in the cloud per server that dissappears when the server is down

Question

• Hi,

I have a server that uses Azure Service Bus.

I would like to save (small) data per each server in the cloud, that will disappear when the server no longer runs.

I know I can erase the data (Storage file?) when the server goes down properly but what about when the server crashes unexpectedly?

Is there a way to implement such thing using Azure?

Thanks,

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

You can use the temp drive attached to the Virtual Machine. It is typically the D: drive on Windows VMs and /dev/sdb1 on Linux VMs.

This drive exists on the VM host so if your VM is deallocated or moved to another host for any reason, the contents are wiped.

Refer to the below mentioned article for more information:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mast/2013/12/06/understanding-the-temporary-drive-on-windows-azure-virtual-machines/

I hope that the reply will assist you in getting your query addressed. In case you require further assistance, please do reply to the thread as we are always available to your queries.

Regards,
    Sumanth BM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. And Vote as Helpful.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:20 PM