none
Security RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

My company recently acquired a client that requires very high security on anything to do with their business with us. They do require some reports made by VS, but who can access these reports is fairly restricted. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to password protect a report? Or a report folder in the reports manager? Right now the security issue is that there are too many people with admin power but who don't necessarily need it. Any help/suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks! :)

There is nothing like what I have become!
    Friday, August 22, 2008 2:02 PM

All replies

• Every item published to a report server can be secured independently, including folders.  This article is a good starting point: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa237758(SQL.80).aspx
    Friday, August 22, 2008 3:58 PM
  • I can see how this could be helpful... Sort of... It seems my book "Professional SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services" just lifted a bunch of material from the MSDN website.

The security problem that exists at the moment, is that I need to restrict something from other people with Admin rights.  This is why I'm wondering something that I thought would be fairly basic, to password protect a folder in MyReports... But it wants to do everything at the user level, not the folder level. *argh*

There is nothing like what I have become!
    Friday, August 22, 2008 7:05 PM