none
The Best Way to Publish a Windows Store App?

Question

• Hi, just let me know if this is in the wrong category.

I've been interested in Windows Store development since Windows 8 beta. I fooled around with Visual Studio and learned most of the Windows Store specific functions and such. I created a painting app that worked quite well and registered as a student with DreamSpark. But I was reminded that you must be at least 18 to create a developer account. I am almost 17 and am in need of a good job. I am confident that Windows Apps is my best way of income right now.

I am not sure what the best, legal way to publish my apps to the store would be? What I had in mind was ask my brother, who is over 18 and also a student, to create a developer account. I'm not familiar with how it all works so I'm not sure if I will be able to create a company name then when I am 18 switch the company to be run under my name. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure what the best way would be to go about doing this. Should I try and find a company to work with that already exists?

Thanks in advance!

Stephen

• Moved by Pedro DeRose [MSFT] Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:00 PM This is a general question about pubilshing Windows Store apps, rather than one specific to the App Producer program.
    Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:01 PM

Answers