SQL Server tracing in Visual Studio Load Test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am trying to configure the sql tracing option in the load test. I was able to configure only one database to the tracing by "SQL Tracing Connect String"

My Question is -" I need to configure multiple databases for sql tracing?' or "Is there any other possibility that i can use a sql trace file that can be imported to collected sql trace from the loadtest."

Thanks in advance for all your valuable inputs. 

Thanks,

Dayananda

Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Dayananda,

>>  My Question is -" I need to configure multiple databases for sql tracing?' or "Is there any other possibility that i can use a sql trace file that can be imported to collected sql trace from the loadtest."

I have been reproduced the issue in my side. There is impossible to configure multiple databases for sql tracing.

(1)  (1)I installed the database (LoadTest2010) in SQL Server 2012and LocalDB.

(2)   (2)In testsetting file, I used the SQL Server 2012 as data source. And In SQL Tracing Connect String, I used the LocalDB server as data source. After I run the load test, I find that the SQL Trace is saved in SQL Server 2012 database.

Form the result, I think the SQL Trace file is saved in database more related the testsetting file’s Load test results store path.

Because the file’s Load test results store only could configure a database as data source, so there is not possible to configure multiple databases for sql tracing.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Tina-Shi Friday, August 1, 2014 7:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Friday, August 8, 2014 2:43 AM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 7:23 AM