LightSwitch- SharePoint 2013 on-prem Provider hosted app dropdown issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have on-prem SharePoint 2013. I tried to follow this walkthrough from msdn. Everything seems to work fine until I don't attach the given SharePoint list template as a data source. But at last step of "Add support for creating and editing survey data" i.e "Test the changes" (see walkthrough), I cannot view data in Customer and Products dropdown. I get an error message on expanding them:

Error Message Screenshot

Using fiddler, I got the following stack trace:

<StackTrace>   at 
    System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceRequest.Execute[TElement](DataServiceContext context, QueryComponents queryComponents)\r\n   at 
    System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQuery`1.Execute()\r\n   at 
    System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQuery`1.ExecuteInternal()\r\n   at 
    System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQuery.Execute()\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataProvider.AstoriaDataServiceDataProvider.DataServiceOuterQuery`1.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass1a`1.&lt;Execute&gt;b__19()\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataProvider.AstoriaDataServiceDataProvider.InvokeAstoriaOperation(DataServiceContext context, Action astoriaOperation)\r\n   at Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataProvider.AstoriaDataServiceDataProvider.DataServiceOuterQuery`1.Execute[TElement](IQueryable innerQuery, Expression outerExpression)\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataProvider.OuterQuery`1.ExecuteInternal[TElement](IQueryable innerQuery, Expression outerExpression)\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataProvider.OuterQueryExecutor`1.Execute[TElement](Expression expression)\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataProvider.OuterQuery`1.GetEnumerator()\r\n   at 
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)\r\n   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 collection)\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataServiceQueryProvider.QueryableWrapper`1.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass10.&lt;GetEnumerator&gt;b__f()\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.Threading.DispatcherExtensions.Invoke(IDispatcher dispatcher, Action action)\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataService`1.LogicInvoke(Action a)\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataService`1.Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.IODataService.LogicInvoke(Action a)\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataServiceQueryProvider.QueryableWrapper`1.GetEnumerator()\r\n   at 
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.ServerGenerated.Implementation.DataServiceQueryProvider.QueryableWrapper`1.System.Collections.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator()\r\n   at 
    System.Data.Services.WebUtil.GetRequestEnumerator(IEnumerable enumerable)\r\n   at 
    System.Data.Services.QueryResultInfo.MoveNext()\r\n   at 
    System.Data.Services.DataService`1.SerializeResponseBody(RequestDescription description, IDataService dataService, IODataResponseMessage responseMessage)\r\n   at 
    System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleNonBatchRequest(RequestDescription description)\r\n   at
    System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleRequest()
    </StackTrace>

Any idea what the problem could be?
    Friday, January 24, 2014 7:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Shashank

First clean and rebuild your Lightswitch app.

We can find and fix errors that occur in the code that you write by debugging your application, I can't give precise troubleshooting according to the track message in Fiddler, I think we can troubleshoot by enable diagnostics, perhaps it can give some hints to troubleshoot.

To enable client tracing at design time

1. In Solution Explorer, open the shortcut menu for the My Project node and choose Open.
    2. In the Application Designer, choose the Client Type tab, and then choose the Web option..
    3. On the menu bar, choose View, Other Windows, Output to display the Output window.
    4. On the menu bar, choose Debug,Start Debugging.
    5. In the address bar of the browser, add client tracing arguments to the end of the URL as follows:
    • To display an error-level trace, enter LC=Microsoft.LightSwitch,E.
    • To display a warning-level trace, enter LC=Microsoft.LightSwitch,W.
    • To display an information-level trace, enter LC=Microsoft.LightSwitch,I.
    • To display a verbose trace, enter LC=Microsoft.LightSwitch,V.

The application restarts and trace messages appear in the Output window.

hope it helps.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, February 7, 2014 8:41 AM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 5:52 AM