c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\sal.h(932) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'codeanalysis\ RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm working on Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition.  Until recently I was able to buid solution without any problem. But now I'm getting the following error message.

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\sal.h(932) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'codeanalysis\sourceannotations.h': No such file or directory

I'm getting the above message even for the old solution that I was able to compile.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Saturday, January 26, 2008 2:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, would you please check whether “c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\ CodeAnalysis\sourceannotations.h” exists on your machine? If it exists, try to rebuild your solution. If not, maybe you VC++ installed is corrupt, try to download the latest version and reinstall it.

If problem still exists, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, would you please check whether “c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\ CodeAnalysis\sourceannotations.h” exists on your machine? If it exists, try to rebuild your solution. If not, maybe you VC++ installed is corrupt, try to download the latest version and reinstall it.

If problem still exists, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:41 AM
  • Thank you Yan-Fei Wei - MSFT for replying.

I didn't check for the file but I simply reintalled it and it i working now.

Thanks again.

Friday, February 1, 2008 12:09 AM
  • can someone help plz, i get a lot of errors that look like this:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\windows.h(235) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsvc.h': No such file or directory

and i keep looking for the files through this site,

http://doc.ddart.net/msdn/header/include/winsvc.h.html

but then a diffrent error will come up, any way to fix this?

thanks~

p.s. i am using VisualStudio 2008 C++ Trial

Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:56 PM