Excel VBA - Error message with no information. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,
    I often get this error message box with just a 'Red Cross' and no information at all. It just has an OK and a Cancel button, no matter what I press this message box just disappears and the program run all fine after that. But it is really hard to find out the cause why this box appears as its appearance is totally random and hence no point even debugging it. I have even tried that, but it just does not appear during debug. If anybody has any idea on what this stuff is, please let me know.

Parag Dhande
    IT Consultant

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:35 PM

All replies

• Parag -

I too am experiencing the exact issue you reported. My workbook is compiled by a product called LockXLS, and becomes an executable that requires the installation of Excel to operate. My troubleshooting includes the vendor in the conversation, as I am unsure of where the problem originates.

The error produces itself when the executable is on a file server and it is loaded from a workstation. The folder on the file server is wide open to our test user.

The program will run fine after the error is cleared. Funny thing is that we acknowledge the error 4 times. Don't know what that means.

Hope this provides some insight. Hopefully somebody will pick up on this thread and tell us what we are seeing!

Friday, July 22, 2011 4:19 PM