Creating Active Directory Service in Azure Portal RRS feed

• Question

• An Azure customer posted in Facebook the following issue:

"Dear Microsoft Azure Team, I am not able to use services on Azure. When trying for example to create an AD directory, I'm getting this "NOT YET IN PREVIEW: Go to the Azure portal and start using this service right now". The issue is that the link to the Azure portal (the old one, I suppose) brings me again to the preview portal. Is there a way to reach the old portal? Otherwise, what should I do? Thanks."

Facebook Post: https://www.facebook.com/microsoftazure/photos/a.416772776955.200155.259177211955/10152948470781956/?type=1&theater

The Forums Team would like to know what kind of subscription the customer uses to help investigate a resolution.

Thank you!

Ananda Siverts

@AzureSupport

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:50 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Firstly, The new Azure portal <portal.azure.com> does not yet support the Azure Active Directory. Please use the old portal <manage.windowsazure.com> directly to use Azure Active Directory for now.

Your issue of the URL-Loop may come from some cached Content, try to go directly to manage.windowsazure.com using a InPrivate Session in IE or try a different browser.

Replied the same on facebook page as well. :)

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Firstly, The new Azure portal <portal.azure.com> does not yet support the Azure Active Directory. Please use the old portal <manage.windowsazure.com> directly to use Azure Active Directory for now.

Your issue of the URL-Loop may come from some cached Content, try to go directly to manage.windowsazure.com using a InPrivate Session in IE or try a different browser.

Replied the same on facebook page as well. :)

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:21 AM
  • Users with DreamSpark subscription are automaticly redirected to new (preview) portal, so this may be issue here.

Mustafa Toroman

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:23 AM