none
Target Audiences for a web part and navigation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to set up target audiences for navigation and web parts but Target audience cannot resolve SharePoint group names and getting error "No exact match was found.Click the items that did not resolve for more options".

Can any body help me out to resolve the issue?

Thank you,

AA.

• Edited by OK29 Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:08 AM AA
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:47 AM

All replies

• By chance is your list using an approval process?

I know that you cannot use audience on a list item until it's approved if it's setup that way.

Also -- SharePoint Groups are one of the ways Audience is setup, so Groups should be working for you.

Any additional information would be great. 

- Vini Vidi Vici

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:01 AM
  • Thank you Kenneth for your comments.

I am not trying to setup target audiences for items. I am trying set up target audiences for web parts (enabled target audience settings at library level) and for tabs(Added pages urls as tabs) under global navigation.

Groups are working fine.

AA.

• Edited by OK29 Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:08 AM AA
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:39 PM
  • Have you done what is posted in this article?

http://www.sharepointboost.com/blog/how-to-configure-the-target-audience-for-a-web-part-in-sharepoint-2010-sites/

And you're saying that at the part where you're trying to define the Audience and using a sharepoint group - it's not resolving and throwing an error?

Ken Maglio SharePoint Architect Oakwood Systems Group blog: www.oakwoodinsights.com

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:50 PM
  • if my memory has not cheated me, you need user profile service to work with target audience. That is to say, it is not available in SharePoint 2010 foundation. Even if you just use SharePoint group in target audience, without the need to compile a target audience in user profile service.

• Marked as answer by GuYuming Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:08 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by GuYuming Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:21 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:47 AM