none
Excel connection manager - no tables or views could be loaded RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running BIDS on my xp pro client trying to create an SSIS package to move data from an excel document to an MS SQL Server DB on a remote windows 2008 server.  I create a SSIS package, create a new connection manager for excel (new connection>connection manager for excel files>browse to the excel document on my client>specify microsoft excel 2007).  From the toolbox I drag in a control flow, create an excel source within it, specify my excel connection manager within the excel source, select table or view as the access mode and when I click on the drop down to select the name of the file I get the "unspecified error" alert...when I close the alert the textbox contains "no tables or views could be loaded".

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks lots for any help, Roscoe

• Moved by GregGallowayMVP Friday, October 28, 2011 2:22 PM (From:SQL Server Analysis Services)
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Roscoe,

It would be nice to post the entire error and even an image here, on the surface it seems you are missing the Excel driver.

Please do the above and also confirm you have MS Office installed.

Another possibility is that you are missing something e.g. when you have a config file a property is not getting set, therefore you may skim through this thread: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic892767-148-1.aspx#bm893073

Arthur My Blog
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    • Proposed as answer by Eileen Zhao Monday, October 31, 2011 6:37 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 7:12 PM
  • Hi rpfinn,

plz go through the link 

http://blog.tylerholmes.com/2007/12/walkthrough-connecting-to-excel-2007.html

To connect to an Excel2007 file from SSIS, You need to 

1) Install the Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider

2) OLEDB Connection Manager

3) From the Conn. Manager, choose "Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider"

4) Click on the Data Links and configure accordingly.

• Marked as answer by rpfinn Monday, October 31, 2011 3:06 PM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 11:22 AM
  • This link might be too old and no longer accessible. Can you post a new link?

Thanks. 

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:41 PM
  • I meant the link for downloading...
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:42 PM
  • Hi Newbie_L,

Here is a link to download ACE engine Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0:

Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable 

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:07 PM