none
Cant instll .Net Framework RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried every thing google search returns to install the .Net framework

Nothing works.

Microsoft update doesn't help, it keeps searching for updates, (stuck in loop?) after 8+ hours.

I get  'Fatal Error" message when trying to install.

Please advise

Tried attaching log file but get an error about posting links.

Sunday, October 2, 2016 6:57 PM

Answers

• Hi acidblueFX,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> Tried attaching log file but get an error about posting links.

You need to verify your account and please ask for a requirement in this thread to verify your account. To analysis the detail error message of the failed installation, I need your help to the installation log. Please use this collect tool to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip under %temp% folder. Please upload the file to the OneDrive and share the link here.

What’s your OS and the .NET Framework version that you want to install? Some .NET Framework versions are shipped with the specific OS editions, which means you already have those .NET Framework versions on your computer. Before you install it, please have a look at the system requirement of the .NET Framework version and confirm your OS is suitable to install that version.

Meanwhile, there has some installation tips before you start the installation, like windows update is up-to-date, temporarily disable any anti-virus software, clean up the %temp% folder and run the installer as administrator, and it can help you to excludes the unnecessary blocked issues.

>> Microsoft update doesn't help, it keeps searching for updates, (stuck in loop?) after 8+ hours.

Please check your internet connection or change it to another one, try to temporarily disable any anti-virus software or firewall then re-try it. If your OS is Windows 7, please have a look at this similar issue.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 3, 2016 6:16 AM