Issues after upgrading to v2.1 of Azure SDK (from v1.4) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been using a very old version of azure sdk (v1.4). Finally, I decided to upgrade to v2.1 and faced some issues after the upgrade. I use Cerebrata to connect to my local devstorage. After the upgrade, I notice that all the tables/blobs/queues have been wiped out. I am assuming the new SDK is creating a new DB or renaming it or putting it in some new location.

Can someone help me out here? How can I get my old data back on my local dev env?

Thanks

Kapil

Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:27 AM

All replies

• Every time SDK is updated, it creates a new database. Since storage emulator makes use of local SQL Server, you could explore your database using SSMS. However there have been many changes between SDK version 1.4 and 2.1, I would not recommend switching databases.

I believe your best bet would be to recreate data from scratch.

• Proposed as answer by Joe Giardino Friday, November 15, 2013 10:01 PM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:22 PM
  • The emulator is best for prototyping and developing your application. It is not meant for long term data storage.
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:07 PM
  • Hmm - point taken Gaurav and FishDawg. Thanks for the reply.

Would you guys know of tools which I could use to download my production data (or a slice of it) and pump in the dev storage - that would help me seed some data.

Thanks

Kapil

Friday, November 1, 2013 7:46 AM
  • Looking at the features provided by Cerebrata (http://www.cerebrata.com/products/azure-management-studio/features), and you'll see it allows you to download table data to csv/xml, and import data from those sources. That should be sufficient for you. In addition, the old database is not deleted. So you can use SQL Server Management Studio to import your old data into the new database. But note the SQL schemas may have changed between SDK 1.4 and 2.1. So this approach may not work.

Monday, November 4, 2013 4:23 PM