Setting MediaPlayer's isFullScreen when in portrait?

Question

• I have set the PlayerFramework.MediaPlayer's isFullScreen property to "true". It plays as expected in landscape mode. However, when the video starts while the device has already been rotated to portrait mode, the video is still the same size as if the video player had been started in landscape mode. Essentially the player is too wide. 

How do I ensure that the video fits to the screen?

thanks!

Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:07 PM

Answers

• I figured it out and of course it was an easy mistake.

I was basing my player from one of the online examples and the MediaPlayer had set msZoom. I removed this property from the HTML and now the player fits just fine landscape or portrait mode.

• Marked as answer by Jaxim Friday, August 15, 2014 3:52 PM
    Friday, August 15, 2014 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Jaxim,

I'm not sure why it is but I think you may need ask here: https://playerframework.codeplex.com/discussions/topics/5342/windows-8-javascript

However I think a solution could be save the current play position, remove the Player from UI, re-add the player to the UI, assign the play position.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 15, 2014 10:18 AM
  • Thanks, James. I've reposted the question there and will report back here if I ever get the answer.

By the way, the problem happens even if I never have the app in landscape mode. The height of the video fits the screen, but I want it so no part of the video goes past the device's screen.

thanks!

Friday, August 15, 2014 3:40 PM
  • I figured it out and of course it was an easy mistake.

I was basing my player from one of the online examples and the MediaPlayer had set msZoom. I removed this property from the HTML and now the player fits just fine landscape or portrait mode.

• Marked as answer by Jaxim Friday, August 15, 2014 3:52 PM
    Friday, August 15, 2014 3:52 PM