Access denied to Integration services RRS feed

• Question

• When I am trying to connect to integration services database it is giving me below error, let me know how to fix this.

is it because I am trying to connect as SA\ if so then how can I get rid of SA\ and connect as normal connection. I am able to connect to sqlserver using management studio with SA\username. 

SQL Server version is 2012

Neil

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:34 PM

All replies

• Are you logged in locally on the machine where SQL/SSIS is installed, or are you attempting to connect remotely with SSMS from your workstation or laptop ?

If attempting remote connection from a workstation via SSMS, you (or a system administrator) will first need to login locally on the SQL Server machine and configure permissions for SSIS access:
    Grant Permissions to Integration Services Service

Hope that helps,

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

• Edited by philfactor Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:38 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Albert_ Zhang Wednesday, February 22, 2017 5:57 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:35 PM
  • Hi thanks Philfactor,

I am logging in locally using management studio.  SQL Server 2012 is installed locally on my machine.

I was able to login earlier, looks like I messed up something, which I am trying to fix.

Neil

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:29 AM
  • I connected to management studio when to login properties -- user mapping and added ssisadmin, ssisltduser, ssisoperator to this account.

it Didn't worked

Neil

• Edited by Neilcse Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:53 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:44 AM
  • Hi Neil,

As the above article provided by philfactor shows, when we install the current release of SQL Server, users do not have access to the Integration Services service. So, you could first have a try to refer to the steps to add the account “SA\XXX” to Launch and Activation Permissions area.

Or, since it’s on your own local computer, you could refer to following link to add the “SA\XXX” to local Group Administrators and then login again.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772524(v=ws.11).aspx

Best Regards,

Albert Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Albert_ Zhang Monday, March 6, 2017 12:20 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:18 AM