Can't edit style template, all properties are readonly RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a Visual Studio Express Phone7 developer trying to find my way in expression blend 4 for windows phone. Somehow, when I choose "edit template -> current" on a control, I can't edit the properties in the right-side panel (borderbrush colors etc). These properties seem to be read-only ?

How do I visually edit the template of a button, including all its states (pressed, disabled) ?

If I have to do it in the XML, i can as well stick with visual studio ;-)

Thanks all.

DistriNet Research Group, Dept. Computer Science, K.U.Leuven, Belgium
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:36 PM

Answers

• I dont know what your experience level is with using blend, but when you try to edit a default template of a control in blend alot of the properties are bound to the control template which doesnt allow you to edit them using the blend interface until you reset them.  i would suggest clicking the little square next to each property and resetting the property.  you could also open up the XAML and edit the properties from there.
    • Marked as answer by Bert Lagaisse Wednesday, June 16, 2010 10:22 PM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:09 PM

All replies

• I'm getting the same thing on every control - not just when I'm trying to edit a template and I'm very experienced with Blend.

- Bill Lefler
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:55 PM
  • I dont know what your experience level is with using blend, but when you try to edit a default template of a control in blend alot of the properties are bound to the control template which doesnt allow you to edit them using the blend interface until you reset them.  i would suggest clicking the little square next to each property and resetting the property.  you could also open up the XAML and edit the properties from there.
    • Marked as answer by Bert Lagaisse Wednesday, June 16, 2010 10:22 PM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:09 PM