What SMTP adress to use when app sends e-mails to me? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. My app has a feedback form where users around the world can send feedback to my e-mail but the SMTP aadress depends on the users location and Internet Service Provider, right? Is there a way to find out what SMTP to use or is there unique SMTP address so I can recieve all feedbacks (e-mails) sent to me? Or is there another way to make feedback from? I dont have sql database where to send to feedback information
    • Moved by Sheldon _Xiao Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:26 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Friday, October 21, 2011 1:49 PM

All replies

• Most feedback form, if use SMTP to see the result back to web owner, uses a standard email address appointed by the web owner themselves, (say, myapp.feedback@example.com), and then distingish different users by email contents (included by not limited to a custom mailpart, but that'll require your email address be hosted on a mail server that'll allow emails with unrecognized mailpart be accepted. A more common way is to include the username and IP information etc. in mail body).

Regarding database part, if you're MSDN subscripter as myself, you're entitled some SQL Azure platform quoter that you can try out to see if it fits your model. But then again I'd probably rather use a small POP3 client application to download all the mails and rip the information to SQL CE database if my budget is limited.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:50 AM