Using HttpHandler with HttpModule RRS feed

• Question

• User-959529327 posted
    MyHttpHandler won't work when I'm also using an HttpModule. The HttpHandler is used to resize images and the HttpModule provides some page tracking and error reporting. If I use either one by itself in an application everything works fine, but if I try to use both in the same appication, the HttpHandler fails to resize the images, or display them for that matter. I'm new to using both modules and handlers, so I'm confused as to why this may happen. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.
    Monday, October 25, 2004 9:36 AM

All replies

• User1416931086 posted
    I appear to be having a similar problem using the Community Starter Kit. The ImageHandler is never called for *.jpg, *.jpeg or *.gif whilel the CommunitiesModule works fine. However, if I set the ImageHandler path to *.* it does get called. I've been struggling with this for about a week now and havn't found anything on the net that has been helpful Hopefully someone here can shed some light on this issue.
    Monday, October 25, 2004 4:38 PM
  • User-1837983005 posted

i am having the same issue with the urlrewriter from www.urlrewriting.net

can anyone help before i spend hours of troubleshooting... :(

MyHttpHandler won't work when I'm also using an HttpModule. The HttpHandler is used to resize images and the HttpModule provides some page tracking and error reporting. If I use either one by itself in an application everything works fine, but if I try to use both in the same appication, the HttpHandler fails to resize the images, or display them for that matter. I'm new to using both modules and handlers, so I'm confused as to why this may happen. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:54 PM
  • User-1666926180 posted

Try to insert this into your httpmodule begin reqest and your handler should start to work.

HttpApplication app = (HttpApplication)sender;

if (app.Request.Url.AbsolutePath.IndexOf(".aspx") == -1 &&    app.Request.Url.AbsolutePath.IndexOf(".asmx") == -1 )
         return;

Friday, December 22, 2006 3:27 PM