none
DNS server not stable in windows 2008 server-Name server IP address resetting automatically. RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am using windows server 2008 R2 for my own DNS server and for hosting website.  I created a zone in the forward lookup zone with the same name as of my domain name allotted by my registrar.  Also created reverse lookup zone and Host files..  Actually my server is behind a router and firewall and I configured NAT in firewall to point the server's private ip address to the public Ip address (allotted by the ISP, and used for the domain name).  Out of this, which IP (private or public) shall i use for the name server? If I use the private IP (like 10.10.1.100) it wont resolve the domain name. If I use the public ip (like 212.212.222.222) it will work for some time and the website can be browsed.  But after sometime the IP address of this nameserver will automatically changed to the private IP of the server and the site is not working.  The DNS is not stable.  Can anybody be able to resolve this?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:19 AM