none
Include directories doesn't work

Question

• Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to add additional include directories. I go to C/C++ > General > Additional Include Directories and write down the directories to include there. But it doesn't work! The compiler failes and the error is: Cannot find h file. (The h file that is in the library I've put).

Am I doing something wrong or missing somethiig?

Koby

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Kobyz33,

Please create a new default C++ application and add additional include directories to check whether this issue occurs with all projects or not.

If just for this specific project, the problem should be related to your project itself. Please try move the original project files to a new project one by one to confirm which file causes this problem.

And do you set the directories path as absolute path or relative path? Please set it as absolute path and rebuild your project again.

If all projects has this issue, please tell us which directories do you set and what libraries do you want to use in your project. And if possible, please provide a sample project to help us reproduce your problem. I will try it in my side to help you confirm whether this problem related to your Visual Studio or the add directories operation.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:48 AM