windows store app streaming webcam

Question

• hi all !

i want to make a simple windows store application where i can stream video coming from my webcam (and from a local video file)

my question is how to capture video through a webcam and seed it over the nework (localhost for exemple) , and how to connect and watch the streaming video

(i've seen the Real-time communication sample but i still stuck )

Saturday, December 06, 2014 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Blqck,

I think the sample you are referring is this one: https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Simple-Communication-Sample-eac73290

Which part you get stuck? You don't know how to run the sample or you cannot understand some parts of the code?

I would not recommend you to run the app over localhost, let's say one of the app is act like server and another is act as a client, we cannot run two store app at the same time on one device.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 08, 2014 5:34 AM
  • im stuck at the part how to get the mediaExtensions (in the simple communication sample) and the void LoopbackClient_Click (which makes the client get the streaming)

also InitializeAsync void , Preview_Click void ....

i have so many question , im wondering to have some tutorials or something that helps me because that exemple is so hard to understand ...

Monday, December 08, 2014 10:39 AM