How to Change Target Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Where is the option to change the target framework for VS 2012 Lightswitch project?  I need to change to .NET 4.0 in order for app to work on Windows XP SP 3 machine.

GAD Group

Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:23 AM

Answers

• The target framework of the server is already .NET Framework 4.0. The target framework of the client is Silverlight 5.

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:28 AM

All replies

• While I'm happy to be correcd, I don't believe that you can do that, & I'm pretty sure that the option that been deliberately hidden for that reason.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

If you find a reply helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful", if a reply answers your question, please click "Mark as Answer"

By doing this you'll help people find answers faster.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:03 AM
  • The target framework of the server is already .NET Framework 4.0. The target framework of the client is Silverlight 5.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:28 AM
  • Any reason why my LS 2012 App won't install on Windows XP SP3 but installs and works great on Windows 7 64bit?

The Publish settings are as follows:

App Type:  Desktop

App Server Config:  Local

Prereqs: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)

Really basic app

only Two Extensions (LS Cosmo Shell and Theme / MS LS Extensions 1.0

Thoughts or Suggestions?

GAD Group

Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:55 PM
  • Can you tell us what the error message is when you try to install your published application on Windows XP SP3?

Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:02 PM
  • Here is the error message...

GAD Group

Friday, September 14, 2012 11:16 AM
  • Sorry but why use Windows xp... it is dead start moving away from it...

On another note, it looks like you are compiled for x64 and trying to run on a x86 (32bit) machine. This is nothing to do with the targeted framework.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:21 AM
  • Sorry but why use Windows xp... it is dead start moving away from it...

On another note, it looks like you are compiled for x64 and trying to run on a x86 (32bit) machine. This is nothing to do with the targeted framework.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I've developed my LS app on an x64 machine and want to install it on a mixture of W7 and XP machines. In my situation, we would have to upgrade the physical PCs to upgrade to W7 and we simply don't have the money. 

I'm desperate to get this working. What do I need to do?

I've tried using:

editbin setup.exe /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS,5.01 /OSVERSION:5.1

which changed the error to:

the procedure entry point InitializeCriticalSectionEX could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernal32.dll

Help!

Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:33 PM