Azure windows 2016 VM fails to connect to blob storage RRS feed

• Question

• I am running the Microsoft sample blob storage example.

Works well running on my development box. Works on my kids laptop as well.

I have a Windows 2016 VM in Azure and it fails.

ERROR: This request is not authorized to perform this operation. - at

Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Core.Executor.Executor.<ExecuteAsync>d__1`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Blob.CloudBlobContainer.<CreateAsync>d__9.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Blob.CloudBlobContainer.<CreateIfNotExistsAsync>d__21.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()

What is different in an Azure VM?

I included the VM IP address on the Storage account fireealls and virtual networks. I included the virtual networks.

I don't understand why my kids non-development laptop can connect and a MS vm can't

-Markus

Saturday, May 2, 2020 2:44 AM

All replies

• @Markus Rissmann Firstly apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

The Azure VM forum have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview):  Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions on Azure Virtual Machine forum.

These forum community members could provide their expert guidance on your scenario based on their experience. Thanks. 

However let me share some insight, 

How did you create Azure VM? When exactly are you getting this error message?

Connect privately to a storage account using Azure Private Endpoint,

Have you referred to this  tutorial shows you how to use a system-assigned managed identity for a Windows virtual machine (VM) to access Azure Storage: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/managed-identities-azure-resources/tutorial-vm-windows-access-storage 

You have many options to copy content from the blob store to the disk on the VM:

1. Use AzCopy

2. Use Storage Explorer

3. Use Powershell cmdlets

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 7:43 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Friday, May 8, 2020 3:51 PM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, May 11, 2020 6:48 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 11:51 AM