Windows App Certification Kit and cpprest140_uwp_2_9.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Performing the Windows App Certification I receive this message :

Windows security features test
    FAILED
    Binary analyzer
    • Error Found: The binary analyzer test detected the following errors:
    • File c:\program files\windowsapps\kidsrevolt.7643b8520c26_1.1.4.0_x64__982h3zr9v6fae\cpprest140_uwp_2_9.dll has failed the AppContainerCheck check.

Said file is part of the Xbox Live Sdk. How can I fix this problem?

I already wen through this passage: 

• How to fix: Apply the required linker options - SAFESEH, DYNAMICBASE, NXCOMPAT, and APPCONTAINER - when you link the app. See links below for more information[...]

didn't solved.

Luigi

Saturday, July 1, 2017 4:22 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please have a check if your package is the Release package.

If not, you might take the Release package for a try.

And also, "Compile with .NET Native tool chain" is needed(for Release configuration): click Project>Properties>Build(Configuration: Release)>check "Compile with .NET Native tool chain".

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 3:00 AM
  • Hello, the project is a Cpp project, I don't find the setting you are pointing at.

Luigi

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:33 AM
  • Aaaaand I'm stuck.
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 6:21 PM
  • https://github.com/Microsoft/cpprestsdk/blob/master/Release/src/build/vs14.uwp/cpprestsdk140.uwp.vcxproj has a PostBuildEvent which creates non-appcontainer DLLs which will cause this cert error.  Ensure you app isn't using those DLLs.  I personally removed that PostBuildEvent from my fork.
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 7:50 PM
  • YES!!!!!!

I owe you!!!!

Friday, July 7, 2017 4:07 PM