none
Change horizontal field of view for v2 sensor RRS feed

• Question

• Other than putting physical 'blinders' on the device, can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the horizontal field of view for the v2 sensor programmatically? I need to make it narrower.
    Monday, October 6, 2014 2:26 PM

All replies

• Can you provide more context to why you need to do this? Why can't you just create a region in the depth frame that you analyze?

You are still going to consume the same amount of bandwidth since the depth data is generated on the GPU from the IR data from the camera.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:00 PM
  • Can you provide more context to why you need to do this? Why can't you just create a region in the depth frame that you analyze?

You are still going to consume the same amount of bandwidth since the depth data is generated on the GPU from the IR data from the camera.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Hi, about horizontal/vertical FieldofView:

I would like to denormalize the distance x, y of a joint of the body, because i would be able to express x and y in meters (or mm).

Can i use the framedescriptor of depth source for do this?

Dim frameDescription = Sensor.DepthFrameSource.FrameDescription
    Dim hfv = frameDescription.HorizontalFieldOfView
    Dim vfv = frameDescription.VerticalFieldOfView

If i want the position X, in meter of the head of a tracked person for example: Should I use the rotation X angle ( Yaw ) of this person, or Can i use the generic HorizontalFieldOfView.

I do not understand this very well.

then, I would apply the process to the Y coordinate in order to extract the approximate height of the player, it's correct idea?
    Monday, December 1, 2014 3:35 PM
  • Hello,

we also need to reduce the horizontal field of view because too many people are working in the kinect's area. This is very important especially in operating room. How we can do this?

Friday, August 21, 2015 11:54 AM