Deploying SAP Cloud Appliance Instance on Azure RRS feed

• Question

• I deployed SAP S/4hana 1909 Cloud Appliance Instance on Azure with Microsoft Visual Studio Subscription. After all the steps for deploying completed, I suspended the instance on SAP and all the VMs on Azure. Before closing the VMs, I checked all the costs by resource and credit. It remains some credits. But when I enter the Azure portal again after 4 hours, the spending limit reached and the subscription is disabled. So I cannot start VMs and SAP instance. I closed all the VMs and Instance when some credits remain but I cannot open again. Why this happens? Which resource is using the Azure service in the background after closing VMs?
    • Edited by May Thae Sue Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:07 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:04 PM

All replies

• You can monitor cost of your Azure resources by making use of Cost Analysis feature in Azure portal. You will be able to see which resources were still running and used up your credits. Please check and let me know if you have any more questions.

Reference doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management-billing/manage/getting-started#monitor-costs-when-using-azure-services

After you have your Azure services running, regularly check costs to track your Azure spending. You can use cost analysis to understand where costs originated for your Azure usage.

1. Visit the Cost Management + Billing page in the Azure portal.

2. Click Cost analysis from the left side of the screen to see the current cost broken down by various pivots such as service, location, and subscription. After you add a service or make a purchase, wait 24 hours for the data to display. By default, cost analysis shows the cost for the scope that you are in. For example, in the screenshot below, cost for Contoso billing account is displayed. Use the Scope pill to switch to a different scope in cost analysis. For more information about scopes, see Understand and work with scopes

Screenshot of the cost analysis view in Azure portal

3. You can filter by various properties such as tags, resource type, and time span. Click Add filter to add the filter for a property and select the values to filter. Select Export to export the view to a comma-separated values (.csv) file.

4. Additionally, you can click the labels of the chart to see the daily spend history for that label. For ex: In the screenshot below, clicking on virtual machines displays the daily cost of running your VMs.

Screenshot of the spend history view in Azure portal

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 11:29 PM