none
GetSchema(“ProcedureParameters”) would require what permissions on SQL server? RRS feed

• Question

• We are using the GetSchema("ProcedureParameters") to retrieve the schema info of all procedures on a server. When I pass the test server as connection I get the info correctly. when I use the prod server I don't get any o/p. Can someone tell me what permissions are required to be able to use this method?

And any info what base tables this method use to give us the output in case we pass ProcedureParameters as parameter?

Monday, November 23, 2015 1:11 PM

Answers

• Try grant "View Defination" of that schema to that user to see if it helps. It should grant you access to those related system views like syscomments
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:09 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Srikanth,

I suggest you follow below article. It talking about how to necessary permissions  for GetSchema("Databases"). GetSchema("ProcedureParameters") is similar to it. The difference is ProcedureParameters need to access sys.procedures view.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31410153/permissions-necessary-for-conn-getschema

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 2:54 AM
  • Hi Li,

GetSchema("Databases") or GetSchema("tables") is working fine for me on both the instances, its only the problem with GetSchema("ProcedureParameters"). but we do have permission on sys.procedures as well. do we require sysadmin access on the server to get the o/p for GetSchema("ProcedureParameters")?

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:44 PM
  • Try grant "View Defination" of that schema to that user to see if it helps. It should grant you access to those related system views like syscomments
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:09 AM
    Answerer