WMI for metro app

Question

• can WMI be used for metro app?
    Monday, October 24, 2011 7:34 AM

Answers

• WMI is not available in Metro style applications. What specifically were you looking to use in that API?

Thanks,

-David

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:44 PM
  • It would be helpful if you could report this thru the http://Connect.Microsoft.com as a missing API. Look under "Windows Kits\Software Development Kit\API missing" and provide the scenario you are needing the missing feature to achieve.

Let me know if you have any problems and I'll enter it for you so I can make sure this is captured.

Connect feedback instructions:

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files.  Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

-David

• Marked as answer by bottle_Y Monday, October 31, 2011 1:22 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 6:56 PM

All replies

• WMI is not available in Metro style applications. What specifically were you looking to use in that API?

Thanks,

-David

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:44 PM
  • Thanks!I want to do some work by WMI interface in metro app,such as:

1.Get some system information(ex:SMBIOS information).

2.Communicate with BIOS(EFI).

3.and so on.

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:14 AM
  • It would be helpful if you could report this thru the http://Connect.Microsoft.com as a missing API. Look under "Windows Kits\Software Development Kit\API missing" and provide the scenario you are needing the missing feature to achieve.

Let me know if you have any problems and I'll enter it for you so I can make sure this is captured.

Connect feedback instructions:

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files.  Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

-David

• Marked as answer by bottle_Y Monday, October 31, 2011 1:22 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 6:56 PM
  • Can you give more details on the missing API link?  I can't find it.

I want to create a WiFi Analyzer app, but can't get information about local SSIDs.  I don't want to connect, just see what is present and signal strength.  I tried WinRT->NetworkInformation and considered WinRT-WMI.  No go on either.

I'm pretty disappointed.

Monday, January 30, 2012 4:37 PM