none
How to chage the Read-Only attribute of $OEM$ files after installation? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, ALL

I defined an answer file to customized install my WES7, I added some files and directories in $OEM$ folder in order to install them on my WES7, after the installation I found the attribute of all these files and directories installed in my WES7 are changed to Read-Only. which make me feel very unwell because actually next step I want to modify these files after logon my WES7.

Does anybody know why these files' attribute chage to Read-Only? can I cancel this?

Thanks

• Edited by Penn Zhai Friday, April 8, 2011 1:31 AM not so clear
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:46 AM

All replies

• Do you have the ditribution share under \program files\Windows Embedded Standard 7\ or are they in a different location?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 12:28 PM
  • Do you have the ditribution share under \program files\Windows Embedded Standard 7\ or are they in a different location?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step

I use the default installation to install Windows Embedded Standard 7, so all the distribution shares are under \program files\Windows Embedded Standard 7 by default.

And I also modified this topic to make it more clear.

Friday, April 8, 2011 1:24 AM
  • The new post is a little clearer. Once the image is installed and depending on their location, the files should have read-write permissions.

-Sean

Friday, April 8, 2011 1:45 AM
  • The new post is a little clearer. Once the image is installed and depending on their location, the files should have read-write permissions.

-Sean

On my WES7 installed, these files and directories are located in C:\, but their attributes are all read-only, :-<

That is what I want to solve---try to install these files and directories with the attribute of read-write, but how can I do it?

Friday, April 8, 2011 3:34 AM
  • Does Anybody know?

Thank you in advance!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:28 AM