Contoso Cookbook for Windows 8 Release Candidate

Question

• hi 

I attended a Microsoft Hands-On Lab some months ago (the Consumer Preview was out) and got a great tutorial for Windows 8 Metro-Style Apps (written in C#/XAML and/or JScript/HTML). Unfortunately this examples doesn't work in the Release Preview and it changed a lot. I am wondering if anyone knows wheter an updated version will be/is available? The tutorial is very great to see the development of an app step-by-step in detail (and it's not just a HelloWorld-example).

thank you!

• Edited by casaout Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:46 AM ups, I wrote Release Candidate instead of Release Preview...
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:44 AM

Answers

• the labs are updated to RP since Friday. Best you ask your trainer. Each of the METRO trainers have access to the sources

• Marked as answer by casaout Sunday, July 1, 2012 5:45 PM
    Sunday, July 1, 2012 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

from what I know the Contoso Cookbook isn't updated to Release Preview yet, but Microsoft is working on it.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:22 AM
  • The MSDN virtual lab on Windows 8 has the updated cookbook samples.
    Sunday, July 1, 2012 5:37 AM
  • the labs are updated to RP since Friday. Best you ask your trainer. Each of the METRO trainers have access to the sources

• Marked as answer by casaout Sunday, July 1, 2012 5:45 PM
    Sunday, July 1, 2012 10:26 AM
  • thank you! :)
    Sunday, July 1, 2012 5:45 PM
  • Hi casaout,

I believe the following link includes what you're looking for.

http://sdrv.ms/ContosoRP

The zip contains all the updated content of the Hands-On Lab you need to run on Windows 8 RP version

-Lab 1 to Lab 9 Exercises - Word .docx tutorial files (both in HTML/JS and XAML)
    -ContosoCookbook project (both in HTML/JS and XAML)
    -ContosoPhoto project (both in HTML/JS and XAML)

Enjoy ;)

Friday, August 3, 2012 4:09 PM