none
VSTO addin can not load RRS feed

• Question

• I came across a strange problem about VSTO addin. The same VSTO addin installed and works well in other xp and win7. But it can not load in one xp machine.

The VSTO addin build from VS 2008, and the xp with Office 2007, VSTO 3.0 runtime and office2007 PIA installed, and .net 3.5 also installed. Check environment with VSTO power tool showed every dependency is installed.  With VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS option on, got an error message like this:

The following solution cannot be loaded because Microsoft Office support for the .NET Framework 3.5 is not installed: ......

But I am very sure office2007 PIA installed, not only in vsto power tool but also in windows/assembly. I wanna tip the same vsto addin in other machines works well.

Are there any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Every body needs help, even spider man.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 5:48 AM

All replies

• Make sure that you did all the steps described in the Publishing an Office Solution by Using Windows Installer article.
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 7:25 AM
  • I tested the same vsto addin installer in three different machines. Only one machine had the problem, and I am sure it installed but could not load by the error "The following solution cannot be loaded because Microsoft Office support for the .NET Framework 3.5 is not installed: ......".  It installed and worked well in the other two machine.

Every body needs help, even spider man.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:08 AM
  • Hi dongdong,

According to your description, just a machine have the issue, so I think the issue is in that machine.

Since you have already installed the necessary software and it still doesn’t work too. I suggest that you could try to re-install the Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime and .Net Framework 3.5.

If it still doesn’t work, you may install .Net Framework 4.0.

Best Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 14, 2014 8:29 AM