none
Kinect 1.6 color-depth camera calibration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I've just installed the Kinect 1.6 SDK. One feature in particular interests me with this release and that is the ability to calibrate external color cameras to the Kinects depth sensor. However there doesn't appear to be an example of this with the code samples and anything mentioned in the Kinect API on MSDN. Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide an example? Thanks, Brett

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:14 AM

All replies

• Where did you read that? I don't remember having read anything like that. I saw that you can not change the color-camera's settings like gain/exposure etc though.
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:44 AM
  • http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/develop/new.aspx

The infrared stream is now exposed in the API

The Kinect sensor’s infrared stream is now exposed as a new color image format. You can use the infrared stream in many scenarios, such as:

• Calibrating other color cameras to the Kinect’s depth sensor

I believe now they mean that you can calibrate an external color camera but you have to write the code yourself though

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:46 AM
  • Can anyone please help? It's a little weird this is appear as a new feature but it is no documented anywhere and there is no example.

What I'm trying to achieve is to celebrate high definition camera with the Kinect depth sensor (Kinect for Windows) to subtract the background and capture only the user in the external HD camera.

I would appreciate your help!

Amit.

Monday, November 26, 2012 10:57 PM