none
VS 2015: Help topics appear twice (Helpviewer 2.2)

Question

• As you can see in the screenshot, the main topic "Visual Basic and Visual C#" appears twice. Why? The difference is that one contains the automatic translation, the other one the manual translation.  I need only one of them (the manual one). How can I get rid of the other one? According to what's selected on the right, I don't understand why these topics are there twice.

Armin

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 9:46 PM

Answers

• Perhaps you can investigate, back-up and edit the XML files that can be found on your local disk. See the ContentStore subfolder.

• Marked as answer by Armin Zingler Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:10 PM
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Armin,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio setup and installation.

As your issue is related to visual studio general question, I help you move this case to Visual Studio general questions forum for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:14 AM
  • Perhaps you can investigate, back-up and edit the XML files that can be found on your local disk. See the ContentStore subfolder.

• Marked as answer by Armin Zingler Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:10 PM
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 6:04 AM
  • Viorel,

thanks for the hint!

It seems the first set is part of the ".Net Framework 4.6 and 4.5" documentation and related to VS 2012, whereas the second set is standalone for VB and C# only and related to VS 2015.

Thanks for the help. :-)

Armin

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:10 PM