What, specifically, causes a view to be logged in VDT history RRS feed

• Question

• We really need the act of viewing PHR data via our SPINN application to log a view in VDT History. It appears that is not happening.

When I login to my HV account via our external application (SPINN) and am redirected back to SPINN, no view logged.

When I look at my health record via SPINN, no view logged.

When I login to my HV account via HV, I'm taken to the main page of my record, a view is logged.

When I go to View, Download, Transmit history, then switch to 2nd record, no view logged for 2nd record.

When I then go to SPINN, and switch to that 2nd record, and look at all that record's data, no view logged.

Please tell me, very specifically, what exactly causes a view to be logged in VDT History.

And can a view be logged when data is viewed via our external SPINN application, to be triggered by a getThings request.

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:30 PM

Answers

• In the context of the HealthVault platform, a View, Download or Transmit means the following,

"View" action takes place whenever a user views a page in HealthVault Shell that displays health information.  Note that pages that only link to health information (such as HealthVault’s “Health Information” page) do NOT count as a “View”.  Actual health information must be displayed for a View to count. An example of pages that cause a View action are...
    Home page
    E-prep
    ViewItems page (STT, MTT and Form transform all count)
    Weight Management page
    Reconcile and auto-reconcile complete page
    Mobile Shell
    Message Center
    DOPU pickup (updated to show data being picked up)

When a View occurs, HealthVault logs an audit entry with the date/time, the action (“Information was viewed”), and the name of the user who took the action. HealthVault will throttle the View audit entries to one every 12 hours. For reporting purposes, the View counts for all providers that contribute data to the patient’s record.

“Download” occurs when the user downloads health information as a file to their machine. HealthVault only counts downloads of “file” types; export is not being counted as a download.
    Downloads are available in the ViewItems grid for document types
    Download of the CCDA can be either human readable (HTML) or the CCDA XML.

When a Download occurs, HealthVault logs an audit entry with the date/time, the action (“Information was downloaded”), and the name of the user who took the action.

“Transmit” occurs when the user sends a message to a 3rd party via Direct with health information attached. This can only be done in the HealthVault Message Center.  The health information attached to the Direct message can be in either human readable or machine readable (XML) format.  

When a Transmit occurs, HealthVault logs an audit entry with the date/time, the action (“Information was transmitted”), and the name of the user who took the action.

For the purposes of reporting, VDT actions are mapped to applications as follows...

For online/offline apps and DOPU, the applications HealthVault Application ID as configured in ACC is used to map VDT actions to applications. For Direct Messaging, HealthVault will associate VDT actions with the domain where the Direct message originated, rather than a HealthVault application ID. For providers that have applications but also send data to HealthVault via Direct, there is no relationship maintained between their application and their direct domain.

-Sean

Thursday, August 14, 2014 4:12 PM