Sum column of a query TFS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to sum the value of the column of hours worked in several work items, it is possible to do this in a query TFS 2010?
    Aprendendo Asp.Net, WinForms, C#, Linq to EF e Sql Server
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:07 PM

Answers

• No and Yes,

1. No - If you try to do this with in TFS UI where you create and run the query, this will not be possible.

2. Yes - You can export the work item result list to excel, or open excel and from the team tab, run the query, either ways, you will see the result of your work item query in excel, simply perform a column sum operation on the total work (or what the total effort column is referred to in your template) column. 

You could go down the tfs datawarehouse, ssrs reports or tfs api, but i don't really think you need to go down that complicated route for this simple operation. 

HTH
    Cheers, Tarun 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Tarun Arora

Blog: http://geekswithblogs.net/TarunArora  Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:40 PM

All replies

• No and Yes,

1. No - If you try to do this with in TFS UI where you create and run the query, this will not be possible.

2. Yes - You can export the work item result list to excel, or open excel and from the team tab, run the query, either ways, you will see the result of your work item query in excel, simply perform a column sum operation on the total work (or what the total effort column is referred to in your template) column. 

You could go down the tfs datawarehouse, ssrs reports or tfs api, but i don't really think you need to go down that complicated route for this simple operation. 

HTH
    Cheers, Tarun 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Tarun Arora

Blog: http://geekswithblogs.net/TarunArora  Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:40 PM
  • Thanks, I'll use the same excel.
    Aprendendo Asp.Net, WinForms, C#, Linq to EF e Sql Server
    Friday, October 21, 2011 1:06 AM