none
Installing an in-line frame RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.....Back Again

I have started to completely re-build my website at www.uk-railways.com

Help required urgently on the following please

I build as WYSIWYG (cannot get my head round HTML or CSS ETc)

I want to insert inline frames but I want them to come up in a seperate page and not in the frame box

EG...

If I go to United Kingdom Link and click on any etter a - z etc .... within that box I want to insert an inline frame

In that inline frame there will be info tables..EG..Plymouth Railway Station....I will then want to click on Plymouth and all the info will come up in a seperate page (Not in the inline frame) I want it in a page that looks like United KIngdom page...then repeating the same with all my links

I hope you can understand this

Any help is alweays appreciated

Tony

Monday, June 14, 2010 8:41 AM

Answers

• "I will then want to click on Plymouth and all the info will come up in a seperate page (Not in the inline frame)"

Set the link target frame to _top.  This will replace the open page with the page containing the Plymouth details.

In Code View (or Split View) the link will appear similar to:
    <a href="plymouth.htm" target="_top">Plymouth</a>

You can use a button on the Hyperlink dialogue to set the target frame to Whole Page (which will insert target="_top" into the link), rather than use Code view.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Monday, June 14, 2010 9:32 AM

All replies

• "I will then want to click on Plymouth and all the info will come up in a seperate page (Not in the inline frame)"

Set the link target frame to _top.  This will replace the open page with the page containing the Plymouth details.

In Code View (or Split View) the link will appear similar to:
    <a href="plymouth.htm" target="_top">Plymouth</a>

You can use a button on the Hyperlink dialogue to set the target frame to Whole Page (which will insert target="_top" into the link), rather than use Code view.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Monday, June 14, 2010 9:32 AM
  • Thank You Ron

I will try that

Much appreciated

Tony

Monday, June 14, 2010 10:11 AM