Is it every one CID corresponding only one Mobile Broadband API Interfaces?

Question

• Is it every one CID corresponding only one Mobile Broadband API Interfaces?
    If it true, which document can I reference? And “MBIM_CID_DEVICE_SERVICES “ correspond which mobile broadband API interfaces?

Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:46 AM

All replies

• Hi iamecho213,

I'm not sure what exactly you mean. You will need to clarify your question if you need help with this.

See  Mobile Broadband: Windows Store device apps for the Mobile Broadband documentation and Overview of Mobile Broadband Windows Runtime API for information on the API.

--Rob

Thursday, March 7, 2013 7:59 PM
  • Hi Rob,

For example, I use IMbnDeviceService.OpenCommandSession() to implement read phonebook info, that can see MBIM_CID_DEVICE_SERVICE_SUBSCRIBE_LIST & MBIM_CID_PHONEBOOK_READ in modem log.

And I know if I want to see MBIM_CID_AKA_AUTH& MBIM_CID_SIM_AUTH in modem log, it maybe need to implement hotspot function. The hotspot function use hotspot namespace not API.

If I want to see MBIM_CID_DEVICE_SERVICES in modem log, has it any API or namespace can implement?

Thank you for your reply.

• Edited by Alice Ding Friday, March 8, 2013 8:25 AM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 2:10 AM
  • Hi all,

I am trying to develop mobile broadband on device side. On host (windows 8) i have used Vodafone mobile broadband application and also APIs that are provided in Microsoft website like 'Mobile Broadband SMS' and others.

Now I am getting CIDs that are belongs to 'Basic connection' and 'SMS' device services.

Please tell me how to get CIDs of other device services like 'Phonebook', 'SIM Tool Kit', 'Authentication', 'USSD' and 'DSS Connect' .  For that is it any API(s) need to be installed on host. 

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:29 AM