none
Why does it take so long?

Question

• Hi

A few months ago, releasing a new app Version took Maximum 1 hour. Now it is taking 1-2 days. Why is it?

And: I've published a new app, it got approved but is still pending to get into the store (since 1.5 days). How Long does it take until it is visible in the store?

Thanks

Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:10 PM

All replies

• The app certification has been tightened up.

MS are now much more fussy about apps.

I recently got an email from MS that 3 of my apps that had previously passed had been withdrawn from the store because they were no longer up to standard !

I couldn't see anything wrong with the apps.

I think MS are now being more picky about what they accept.

I currently have an app in for approval that has failed 8 times on the same problem.

MS wont be precise enough about the problem for me to be able to fix it.

n.Wright

Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:44 PM
  • Hi WickedSick,

As far as I know, When you are finished creating your app's submission and click Submit to the Store, it enters the certification step. This process usually is completed within a few hours, though in some cases it may take up to three business days. After your submission passes certification, it can take up to 16 hours for customers to see the apps listing (or your updates to a previously published app) in the Store. Please wait for a period of time.

And if you still experience this issue after that, please create a free request with your developer account in dashboard following the image below.

In addition, here is an article about this. hope it could help you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:02 AM