Filter Drop-down on Insert and Edit pages RRS feed

• Question

• User1104429570 posted

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to filter the drop-down lists on the Insert and Edit pages. I'm sort of looking for a solution similar to the Cascading Filter in the Futures project, but for Insert and Edit. Say if I had a Company, Department, and an Employee table and I wanted to insert a new Employee. Company and Department would be displayed in a drop-down. So I select the Company and all Departments are shown, but I'm just wanting a filtered list of Departments related to that company.  Same thing for the Edit page, if I need to edit the Department for an Employee, just display only related items for the company. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

James

Monday, October 27, 2008 12:22 PM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

Aha! I have jsut the thing for you have alook here:

1. Part 1 - Getting Dynamic Data Futures filters working in a File Based Website.
    2. Part 2 - Create the AnyColumn filter from the Dynamic Data Futures Integer filter.
    3. Part 3 – Creating the AnyColumnAutocomplete filter.

It's part 3 you want but I included the others incase you had any issues with getting DD Futures working with a file based website [:D]

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 27, 2008 4:06 PM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

Aha! I have jsut the thing for you have alook here:

1. Part 1 - Getting Dynamic Data Futures filters working in a File Based Website.
    2. Part 2 - Create the AnyColumn filter from the Dynamic Data Futures Integer filter.
    3. Part 3 – Creating the AnyColumnAutocomplete filter.

It's part 3 you want but I included the others incase you had any issues with getting DD Futures working with a file based website [:D]

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 27, 2008 4:06 PM
  • User1104429570 posted

Thanks, I'll take a look a it and let you know[:)]

Monday, October 27, 2008 4:17 PM