utf-8 encoding not working for German characters RRS feed

• Question

• User-2059794046 posted

Hi All,

I have a aspx page which displays data from the database. I have an address which is displayed as Münzhof Sü when I checked in actual database output in a console window I see Münzhof Sü which is the expected data. So the data is coming proprely from my database but it is not properly displayed.  I read that the default encoding used is utf-8 and it supports German characters. I explicitly added <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" fileEncoding="utf-8"/> in the webconfig and <META HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8"> in the master page , it is still not working. At runtime when I right click and check the encoding for the page, utf-8 is selected.

Any help and explanation for this weird behaviour will be greatly appreciated. I am using c# for the code behind.

Monday, July 20, 2009 11:39 AM

All replies

• User-2059794046 posted

Also I forgot to mention that I am dumping the result of the sp to a typed dataset, and the datatype used is string as there is no other format available for unicode in typed dataset.

Monday, July 20, 2009 12:48 PM