HTML element autocomplete not working in VS 2015 RC RRS feed

• Question

• In vs 2013, when I type a html element such as h1, p, title, etc, and press "Tab" key, the editor will complete the element with the cursor putting inside the element content. This is very cool. 

After I installed VS 2015 RC, the feature is gone. When type TAP key, it give a tab indent. 

Any instruction how I can get the tap complete feature back in vs 2015 RC?

Thanks !

Friday, May 22, 2015 3:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Chungang Liu,

I think I could repro this issue in VS2015 RC, but it works well in VS2013.

Since the VS2015 RTM version is not released now, you can submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx,Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. Thanks for your feedback.

If you submit it, please share me the link here, I will help you vote it.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 25, 2015 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Chungang Liu,

I think I could repro this issue in VS2015 RC, but it works well in VS2013.

Since the VS2015 RTM version is not released now, you can submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx,Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. Thanks for your feedback.

If you submit it, please share me the link here, I will help you vote it.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 25, 2015 2:49 AM
  • Hi Chungang Liu,

What is happening is that your Visual Studio 2015 probably does not have Snippets for that html tags that you want. What you can do is import the Snippets from your Visual Studio 2013 to 2015 as follows:

On Visual Studio 2013 go to menu

Tools -> Code Snippets Manager...

Choose the language that you want to manager Snippets, ex.: HTMLin the box below, left-click on the language folder to manage Snippets, in this case HTML, and copy the address location folder above on "Location".

Open the Visual Studio 2015, go to the menu

Tools -> Code Snippets Manager...

Choose the language that you want manager Snippets, in this case HTML, click on "Import..." button, paste the address copied in the previous step in the search bar above and press Enter, select the Snippets you want by holding down the ctrl key and left-clicking on the Snippets and click on "Open" button, select the location to import the Snippets, I suggest the "My Code Snippets" folder, in this case "My HTML Snippets" folder, and click on Finish. Wait to finish.

Done! Now you can try type a html tag or command code language and press tab key to autocomplete.

I hope it helps!

Best regards

Robson

• Edited by Robson_Dev Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:31 PM
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:20 PM