Windows Runtime type 'Windows.Foundation.Point' was found in multiple referenced winmd files RRS feed

• Question

• I have projects one is javascript one is windows runtime component(WRC) .

I want to use Embedded DB like SqLite with WRC, So that i added the reference "Microsoft VIsual C++ Runtime Package".

But after that i am getting error:

Windows Runtime type 'Windows.Foundation.Point' was found in multiple referenced winmd files. Please remove either 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs\11.0\References\CommonConfiguration\neutral\platform.winmd' or 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\References\CommonConfiguration\Neutral\Windows.winmd' from the list of referenced files.

I never added the multiple refernces in these projects

please tell me what shoule I do.  I am using VS2012 and windows 8
    Monday, February 3, 2014 6:11 PM

All replies

• Without knowing more details about what you are doing to get this error we can't give specific advice, but adding multiple references sounds likely to be the problem.

Take a look at Tim Heuer's blog at http://timheuer.com/blog/archive/2012/08/07/updated-how-to-using-sqlite-from-windows-store-apps.aspx for a walkthrough of the steps to use SQLite in a WinJS application.

--Rob

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 2:58 AM
  • i haven't added multiple references.. i have a Windows component project where i am adding visual c++ reference thats it nothing else but it is giving error,
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 4:26 AM
  • please reply me.. reference site also using vc++ reference and i am getting error in this reference...
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 2:15 PM
  • Without knowing more details about what you are doing to get this error we can't give specific advice. If you need further help please clarify what exactly you are doing. Can you share a minimal repro sample demonstrating the problem on your SkyDrive?

Take a look at Tim Heuer's blog at http://timheuer.com/blog/archive/2012/08/07/updated-how-to-using-sqlite-from-windows-store-apps.aspx for a walkthrough of the steps to use SQLite in a WinJS application.

--Rob
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 3:04 AM
  • i am following this:

http://blog.thomaslebrun.net/2012/10/windows-8-using-sqlite-in-your-windows-store-application/#.UvHUrLTPXt0

and here is my project : https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2199CC4CC50F4F5D%21416

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:31 AM
  • Can you please share the repro as a zip file? Windows does not open RAR files without additional software (which I don't have).

Thanks,
       Rob

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:37 PM
  • First i want to say many many thankssssssss........ for ur replies, only you are replying. i shares it as zip format on the same location

regards,

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:05 AM
  • I don't get an error following the steps on either Tim's or Thomas' blogs. You must be doing something different from what they suggest.

The project you uploaded is only part of the solution and so doesn't demonstrate the problem, but it does differ from the other steps in that it includes the C++ Runtime reference in the Windows Runtime Component project rather than in the overall solution.

It is also marked as AnyCPU, which won't work for a native component, but since it sounds like your real solution gets past this I suspect that's a corruption in the way it was extracted from the solution rather than a real issue.

--Rob

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:36 PM
  • i installed vs2012 on my surface tab(which have windows 8 pro OS),i want to develop app for tab so i installed it in tab then after i am following the Thomas' blog .

Is this some kind of Microsoft's BUG or it is only in because of Surface tab?

Why vs2012 is creating/installing "Windows Kit" in program file(x86)?

Please suggest if any updation is required like OS,VS....., basically i want to build WinRT component with c# and consume it in Cordova project

regards,

Friday, February 7, 2014 2:06 AM
  • Can i use any other Embedded DB with windows runtime component , do you have any suggestion 

if you have please share with reference means how to create DB and table at runtime..?

regards,

Friday, February 7, 2014 10:24 AM
  • HI ROB,

Have u built my project as x64 target...???

Now I am using machine with windows 8.1 Pro, VS2012 express 2012 for windows 8.

Still getting same error, can you share your machine environment where are you running my project

regards,

Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:29 AM